Tell Me Somethin’ Good

Shyanne Offutt and Mady Tate

QUOTE OF THE WEEK:

“You can always do more than you think you can.” -John Wooden

SPECIAL RECOGNITION:

Levi Remington, a Senior, is being recognized by the DHS Roundup this week for his outstanding leadership skills. At the beginning of the year, he was faced with a situation but had an amazing solution for it. Levi saw a student using a vape and convinced the student to give it to him. From there, he took it to Mr. Dugger. Levi is commended for his reaction and dedication to student safety.

We took a few minutes to sit down with Levi and asked him some questions to learn more about him. Out of all of his memories from high school, the thing Levi will remember most is going to basketball games and playing with his team. After a long day, he enjoys eating at Chick-Fil-A followed by mint chocolate chip ice cream for dessert. If he had a superpower, he’s not quite sure what he would choose, but his favorite superhero is the Flash.  The closest person to a superhero he has in life is his basketball coach, Coach Knight. After he graduates, he plans on becoming a barber. If Levi could be in any T.V. show, it would have to be Spongebob… I’m sure every other high school boy can agree with this. One last final thing about Levi is he LOVES shoes!

The moral of the story is every student here has a chance to be a leader; if you need an example. you can look to Levi!

ENCOURAGEMENT STORY:

“In ancient times, a king had his men place a boulder on a roadway. He then hid in the bushes and watched to see if anyone would move the boulder out of the way. Some of the king’s wealthiest merchants and courtiers passed by and simply walked around it.
Many people blamed the King for not keeping the roads clear, but none of them did anything about getting the stone removed.
One day, a peasant came along carrying vegetables. Upon approaching the boulder, the peasant laid down his burden and tried to push the stone out of the way. After much pushing and straining, he finally managed.
After the peasant went back to pick up his vegetables, he noticed a purse lying in the road where the boulder had been. The purse contained many gold coins and note from the King explain that the gold was for the person who removed the boulder from the road.”

Moral of the Story: Good things come to those who do the right thing.