A hero in disguise

Brynn Rippy

During Ms. Wards high school career, she went to Okeene High School. After the glory days of being in high school, she decided to further her education and go to college. Ms. Ward went to UCO in Edmond so that she could become a teacher. Many people know her as the freshman English teacher but she is so much more. In her free time, she enjoys doing many things. A couple of her favorite things to do while not at school is reading, watching movies and hanging out with her daughter. Many people question teachers as to why they wanted to work at a school. “I wanted to help students because I’ve always been one to be able to help people out” -Ms. Ward. While teaching, teachers always have one thing that reminds them of why they became a teacher in the first place. She loves when kids come back to tell her that something she had taught them helped them out in a different class. This year Ward has many things that she expects her students to accomplish. She expects them to be able to comprehend better in their reading and to be able to communicate through writing their thoughts. All around Mrs. Ward is an excellent teacher and strives to be a better person ever day when coming to teach at Dewey High.